Sunday, March 22, 2009

Meeting the Team

Yesterday Owen had his first soccer practice/game. He was VERY excited. His team is named the Armadillos. He didn't think this sounded threatening enough, but when I told him Armadillos eat scorpions, he thought that sounded tough.
Here he is proudly displaying the long awaited jersey. Thank goodness it wasn't pink. He was worried about that. He wore it for the remainder of the day and has plans to wear it to his "soccer/transformers" birthday party today.



(if you click on this pic you'll notice a kid down on the ground)
That's Owen after he made the one and only goal for his team!
EJ said he got the ball, dribbled past a few players and then with a sliding kick he scored. We'll never know if he "slipped" or "tripped" or actually knew what he was doing, but it worked and looked cool. Sadly, I was not there. My seminar at church started at the same time. We weren't expecting him to play a game. It was suppose to just be a meet the team and practice. I can't believe I missed his first goal :(

Evidently, EJ received several comments on Mason's sideline dribbling skills:)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

cool! and good job, ej, on the pics!!!