Monday, March 23, 2009

5 years old


It sounds cliche, but I really can't believe my first born is 5 years old. I have been a mom for 5 yrs. How can that be? I just graduated from college. Oh, wait that was 9 years ago.
I loved 4. It was a great age for Owen. Not sure exactly why, but I knew it the week he turned 4, that 4 was somehow better than 3. I can't wait to see what 5 is like.
He is much bigger that is for sure. If he sits in my lap while I am reading I have to shift the book to one side b/c his head is blocking my view.
And the books we read are so fun now. Chapter books with real plots and characters. I love how he gets excited, nervous, scared or hysterical as the stories come to life in his head.
He loves preschool. Can hardly wait until "big" school.
Still doesn't love animals.
His favorite food is pizza.
Owen is definitely a morning person. I think he literally springs out of bed and at night is asleep in minutes.
No longer napping and hasn't since the fall.
He LOVES music and asks to listen to it all the time. He will attempt to make any object into an instrument. He has been quoted saying "this totally rocks me out" in reference to a song.
He is still easy going, although Mason has learned how to push his buttons. He is pretty quick to share and to try new things (food included).
Owen thinks he is more independent than he actually is but has said numerous times he will live with mama forever.
Can't say 13.
Loves to socialize, plan parties, eat with others, be with others and needs to know what everyone else is doing.
He appears serious to most, but is really quite silly, loud and energetic.
Owen we love you! I have asked numerous times if you'd stop growing and you just laugh. I can't believe you will be gone 5 days a week in 6 short months. I hope to make the best of these days while we have them. I feel like there is so much more you need to learn and more I'd like to teach you.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

IF i could cry, i would be. that was the sweetest post! i love all the little and big things you said about him. we love you, owen!!!