Introducing Avery Li-Mei Fogarty

What a day! I don't really have words just yet. Perhaps b/c I have been awake since 4:45 AM. It was a LONG wait until she arrived after 3 PM. My stomach was a disaster most of the morning. Totally fine now ;)
We are doing great. She is very timid and scared (rightly so). She has yet to show any real emotions, but she is allowing us to feed her and hold her and sit close. We are very grateful for all of these milestones. She is so quiet, but very curious ;) I can tell it's only a matter of time! We are thoroughly enjoying just watching her and she is constantly taking quick peeks at us.
Thank you for praying. Everything went remarkably well. She allowed me to give her a bottle and she fell asleep in my arms tonight. We go back tomorrow to Civil Affairs at 8 AM to make it official!!!!!







19 comments:
Soooooo excited !!! I have been stalking your blog all morning! Praise The Lord! Love it!!!!
Oh Ali. We are beyond happy for you all. She looks precious with her new family :). Can't wait to see more and meet Avery.
Hurray!!!! I am so glad she is doing relatively well and that your stomach has calmed down. I hope you all have a good first night together. We are praying for all of you!
Was thinking about yall. I'm too tired to post, so I made a quick fb update. Our day went awesome! She is full of smiles and giggles! Loves baba. He drove matchbox cars up her arms and legs and instantly, she got his humor ;-)
Hallelujah!! So amazing. Rejoicing with you today!
Oh. My. Gosh. Congratulations!! What an amazing day ~ I know the angels are singing and we are all rejoicing with your family!! God is so good!! xoxo
ahhh!!! it was the FIRST thought i had when my eyes popped open this morning - "THEY HAVE HER!!" i'm so thankful things are going so well!!! hi, sweet avery! i can't wait to meet you!!
ps. i LOVE your outfit and necklace (!!)
You do look beautiful Ali! Love you!
She is adorable and I'm so happy for your family. Praying for your every step.
So happy to see a picture with Avery in your arms at last! Congratulations! Our kids saw the picture this morning and shouted "they have Avery!"
So excited for you guys! What GREAT pictures to capture that special moment. I love the sheer JOY all over your face!
So happy for your family! She is beautiful and I know you must be relieved. We will have to have some playdates when you are home because I'm pretty sure that she is about the same size as Fiona :)
Ali and EJ we are rejoicing here and praising God Avery is in your arms. Precious, precious pictures. Praying for you each and every step of the way.
Ali, I am getting all caught up on your blog (I had mouth surgery on Frid and have been totally out of commission) and I am literally sobbing as I read through it and look at all the pictures. I just tried to call Courtney so I could talk to someone about it but luckily for her she didn't answer :) I am not sure why I am so emotional but I am just so excited for you guys and so in awe of how God is answering your prayers so specifically and plus she is just precious and I can't imagine what it must feel like for her to go from no family to having you for a mom and ej for a dad and owen for a brother. I mean, what a blessed little girl. I love you guys so much, I am praying like crazy and I just cannot handle the pictures of you holding her, you look so happy and excited and now I am sobbing again. good grief. I can't wait to meet her! love you friend.
Ali!! I am just seeing this, and seeing these pictures for the first time just makes me cry! Hatch and I are so thrilled for y'all! The pictures are so sweet, and Avery is such a beauty. Love y'all and praying for you!
I'm just not always the kind of woman who cries at things, so I was totally caught off guard by the tears streaming down my face as I look at your "gotcha" day. Praise the Lord! So excited for you guys and your new little girl. What a God we serve! Who loves us and pursues us in just the same way you pursued her. Awesome.
Post a Comment