Friday, July 12, 2013

Divided

I am almost more consumed with thoughts of our family being divided, than I am with our travels and meeting Avery. It pains my heart and makes my eyes teary just thinking about leaving my younger two behind. For their hearts and for the fact that when I am not with them it feels as though I have left a limb behind. Don't get me wrong, I love my free time and time apart, but not for this long!! Today, I snuggled a little longer with my wet from the pool, Ry Guy. Savoring the feel of him in my arms and recording his tiny voice in my head. I know from experience that when you bring a little one home (from the hospital) the older siblings seem to have doubled in age overnight. 
When we return they will seem so different (certainly not from weeks of spoiling from grandparents :). Ryan will no longer be the baby. Ironically he has been acting like one more recently. Oh, he is in for a rude awakening. Poor guy has no clue how rocked his world is going to be. 
He is so excited to meet his sissy. He is constantly asking "if he can save (fill in the blank) for sissy," whether it's part of his snack, a balloon, sticker, etc. He has told me that he wants to help feed her and that next summer he will buy her a water ice at the beach. Be still my heart!

Mason gets very sad when our trip length comes up in conversation, but he is trying to look on the bright side to our separation. He has a lot of fun things planned with my parents, including a beach week! He also knows that our trip means we get to bring home his sister. And he is very excited about that. Today at basketball camp, his coach (a friend of mine) overheard him talking to another player about sisters. When the other kid said you don't have a sister, Mason boldly said, YES I DO. Amen!
There is no denying the fact that the Fogarty family will be forever changed by our newest addition. Thankfully the Lord has our family in the palm of his hands and our story written since the beginning of time.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

i'm not going to lie. it will be one of the hardest things you've ever done in your life. but you will NEED God in a way you never have before - and that is where He wants us to be. praying for you!!!

Alden and Dorian said...

Ali, we are praying for you guys...and will be every step of the way. We're excited, we understand your mama's heart for your boys left with your parents, the many details, but GREATLY rejoice in your precious daughter! Praying God's mercy, wisdom, and comfort for you!!!! To God be the glory! In HIS strength you go forward!