"For so long, I dreamed of you," [mama] said, snuggling closer...I dreamed of how you would look, smell, even what you would sound like. And every day I thought of how wonderful it would be to hold you in my arms." God Found Us You, by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Avery's adoption is so much more than ONE moment, but now that we are getting so close, I can't help but wonder even more about how my heart will react/respond the FIRST moment I lay my eyes on her.
We don't have any details of our gotcha day. Just the date. I don't know how much we will learn beforehand. I am fairly certain it will take place in a govt building, not our hotel. But I could totally be wrong. It's pretty difficult to imagine the moment with no details. I will take that as a blessing.
EJ and I escaped to the beach on our own one afternoon last week, while Ryan napped and the older two watched baseball with their grandpa. We went for a walk together and dreamed a little about what gotcha day will be like. I say "dream," but the anxious thoughts almost outweigh the excited ones ;) We will bring with us to gotcha, every trick in the book: lollipops, her doll, lovie, cheerios, bubbles, etc.
I am planning to blog while we are there. Assuming our VPN works.
The packing is going great. It helps that I stared months ago (thinking we'd travel end of June). I should probably do a test weigh-in before I get too excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment