Saturday, July 20, 2013

Your comments

I LOVE waking up to your comments. They are so encouraging to us as we miss all things familiar and our little ones back home. Thank you!!
We miss Mason and Ryan, but with the days we have had we are glad they aren't with us. Thankfully we have successfully skyped with them each evening (their morning). It's really only useful to hear their voices as they are usually both talking at once and bouncing around making it difficult to see their whole faces.
Lissa sent me this in an email from the beach house. My extended family has been so gracious to give them extra attention. I know my parents greatly appreciate it. Its going to be tough when they get home.

 
 "[Lissa] asked him if he was in hog heaven and he said "Yes! I'm in hot heaven...I don't even know what I'm saying but I'm in. Hot heaven!" ;)
 
The change in beds are starting to wear on our bodies. And we are waking up a little earlier each morning :( I am nervous about our stay in daughter's province. We will likely be the only Americans and the food situation will likely get more difficult. - Just keeping it real ;)
 
We are still pinching ourselves that we are here and we are SO close to Avery. Getting on the train in 3hrs. Pray they don't give us a hard time about our luggage!

3 comments:

Erin said...

We've been keeping up with the blog the past couple of days and Glenn was so excited to see Owen on The Great Wall of China! Owen, Glenn has always been fascinated with the wall and was so jealous you were actually standing ON it!! He said "wow, that is SO cool!" We're super excited for you to meet your sweet Avery! Prayers are with you as you travel!!

Ivy said...

Ali- Thinking of you and praying for you all on your journey. Best wishes and prayers for a safe trip!

Michelle said...

So glad that you've been able to connect with the boys at home. I hope you have a relaxing train ride after your last few long days. You are almost to Avery!! Thanks for keeping us posted on everything....we love seeing your updates every day. Love you!