Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our 4th of July FUN

I didn't mean to be gone for so long. Been having too much fun ;) Warning, this is a long post! When our China travel dates were pushed back, we decided to high tail it to EJ's grandma's (beach) house. We were due for a visit and we knew it wouldn't happen if we didn't go now. I am so glad we did. Time flies when you are having fun. Now we only have 2 weeks until we hold Avery for the first time.
We LOVE Nana's beach town. We ride bikes or walk almost everywhere we go. Ryan did amazing on his bike and road 3 blocks to and from the ocean each day, sometimes 2x a day. We visited our favorite spots for ice cream, sticky buns, pizza and arcade games. 
 Heading to the fireworks
 Our boys are so spoiled to see fireworks on the beach. It's so fun! A little chilly this year.

 Ryan's first time. He loved it, despite his sleepy face.
We rode bikes every morning. The weather was awesome. Such a treat. This is NOT always the case.


 Lot's of beach time! My favorite.

Lots of baseball too!


 Kite Flying


 Seafood carryout with very little dishes ;) Awesome and SO yummy!
My clam eaters
 He can throw them down (EJ added a few to his plate for effect) But he ate at least 25.
 Just to prove I was actually there!
I relaxed. Like really relaxed. It was awesome.
Just what I needed to help face this last week before travel with a long long long list of things to do!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away to relax and have some fun!

Courtney Cassada said...

oh, i was PRAYING that it was really relaxing for you! what a gracious gift!!