Today, felt like the longest day of my life.
After a rushed breakfast we ALL headed out to a local shopping "mall" for the traditional pearl and jade shopping. I have to laugh at this picture, b/c my smile has to be so fake. At the time I thought I was going to get sick or pass out. I am not handling the humidity plus smells. So many strong food odors that my stomach just doesn't like. Not to mention I am still not eating enough to feel 100%.
Needless to say, we got a strand of pearls for Avery for when she is older. It has become a tradition with adoptive families to get "wedding pearls" I suppose that's what these will be for although it's so far away and seems like a lot of pressure. I will save them for something special :)

Beck and Owen completely overwhelmed by this ice tea promo, which was crazy loud and very different.
Our van. The 5 families includes 10 adults and 15 kids!!!
Owen's buds - Elliot and Beck
The many silly faces of Avery - oh what a Fogarty child ;)

So were most of the small kids and it started pouring down rain.
It really was a beautiful place!
This artist was showing how he paints with just his hand. Mostly the side of his hand. Amazing!

We all got soaking wet on the way back to the bus. EJ and I spent all afternoon at the Children's Hospital with Avery. It was not helpful and we regretted it, but our guide was so very very helpful and we greatly appreciate her efforts on our behalf. Please pray we didn't pick up anything new while we were there. Oh, this is so hard! God bless the USA :)





5 comments:
Glad you're having fun and community with the other adoptive families! Mike is sympathizing with you on all the different smells and upset stomach....hang in there! I hope all the logistics and details of coming home are falling into place easily. We love you!
Oh Ali, I'm so sorry to hear about the sicknesses and missing the comforts and familiarity of home. So glad you have other families with you going through the same journey. Praying for you and Avery to feel better!
We went out of town for 3 days. We got home tonight and Perry said, "Check to see what is up with the Fogartys!" Since we get nothing but static on our tv- we have REALLY been enjoying following your drama! He has said several times, "I am so excited for them!" You are in the home stretch. I can only imagine the smells. Can you chew minty gum or find some strong smelling lotion or lip gloss?
Oh sweet friend! My favorites...avery's smiles and faces...EXPRESSIONS FOR REAL!! and YOU staring in her sweet face for real!!! love , love, love! can't wait to have your boys tomorrow:) love you ! Waiting on Jesus with and for you!!
LOVE her expressions!!!
Post a Comment