Thursday, October 29, 2009

Spooky Cake


The Kindergarten students were asked to bring a cake to the Mayboory tomorrow night as a fundraiser for the PTA. At first, this seemed a ridiculous request, but then Owen and I got excited to work on this project together. He was the brains and inspiration and I was the muscle. Thankfully we worked together without any tears. Lately, Owen has been very particular about how crafty things looks ( i can't imagine were who he got that from) and ends up crying if it doesn't look like he envisioned. For example, he asks me to draw things for him to cut out (pumpkins, bats, people, horses, etc) I am flattered that he thinks his mommy can do ANYTHING (like alter his Halloween mask that wasn't fitting) but sometimes I am not capable and sometimes we don't share the same vision. Needless to say, the cake decorating was actually fun. It was his *high for the day. He is so excited to take it. He wants to win it back.

* we have recently started telling each other our "highs" and "lows" of the day, at dinner. basically the best and worst part of our days. a friend gave me the idea. Owen actually contributes. It's hard to get much out of him these days. It's also fun if you have contributed to someone else's high. It's a funny reminder of just how drastically different our days are. I can't wait until Mason understands the question.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

such a cool cake! and i love doing highs and lows and cant wait for our kids to be able to...now we just do favorite part of the day and it's so interesting to hear what she comes up with! :)

Michelle said...

Very cute! So glad you had fun working on this together.

Christy said...

SOOO cute Ali!!!!
nice work :)

Courtney said...

i love it!
what a fun week for you all!!!