Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby Due

The newest addition to our family is due April 30th. I have to hold in laughter every time I answer that question. Who really gives birth on their due date? I guess the approximate date is good to know. Of course in my case, subtract 2 or 3 weeks and perhaps that is my due date.

Yes, the dread of bed rest and lots of extra appointments is constantly on my mind. The second time around, everyone tried reassure me it wouldn't happen again. Fortunately, I kept up the pace expecting to be reclined for the last month. But this time, I am not the only one making plans in my head. We learned our lesson. It is openly being discussed. Perhaps b/c others are tired of playing cook and house maid on my behalf. Not that I can blame them.

We know God will provide for us. We've seen Him do it more than once. We will just have to watch and see.

I had my second appt. today at almost 13 weeks. The heartbeat was clear and strong. Everything is looking good. However, with 2 preterm labors blazing my chart like a scarlet letter, the Dr, will be monitoring me much more closely than I'd like. She'd like to keep me from having to be on bed rest (yes, thank you) but I am not sure I like the alternatives. We may or may not have some decisions to make in the next 2 months (nothing too serious and she is not worried about the baby right now). Please pray for wisdom.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i will def be praying for wisdom ali...i know how that is to have eager babies :).... im so excited for you guys and love praying for this little one! :)