Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mr. Big Stuff

Mason has been begging to sit at the counter with the rest of us. First, we've been working on basic table manners. The basic ones, like sitting on his bottom, not throwing food and his cup, etc. He has been doing much better so today at lunch, when it was just the 2 of us, I strapped our booster seat to the barstool. He loved it. Tonight at dinner he grinned the whole time. Maybe it was breakfast for dinner that caused the smile, but I am pretty certain he was super impressed with himself.

See the lonely high chair in the background? I am not putting it away just yet. Oh, and the body armor, otherwise known as his bib, will definitely be sticking around.
Not having to clean the darn high chair tray sounded so great. But then I quickly realized I will now be cleaning an extra plate, scrubbing the counter and chair and have more crumbs on the floor. Hmm... why did I think this was a good idea?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

ha! cute post!
so true...the added mess all AROUND the chair is a pain!
so, do you guys all sit at the counter a lot? not the table??

we had breakfast for dinner last night. you would have thought my kids hadn't eaten for days the way the food disappeared!!! :-)