Friday, October 2, 2009

Awesome Night

We had a GREAT time at the U2 concert last night. We enjoyed a little picnic dinner in the parking lot before our 2 mile hike to the stadium. We arrived in plenty of time only to wait for the opening act to start and then wait an hour between the opening act and U2. The anticipation growing and growing. Its so funny how the slightest change on stage brings cheers. I can't imagine the feeling one must get walking onto a stage with so many people screaming. It's like that at any large event but something about a concert always gets me. Unlike sports the cheers are really for those 4 individuals. WOW!
The concert was fantastic. The much talked about set and lights show did not disappoint. It's amazing how far technology has come and what a lot of money can buy. It would have been nice to be a little closer. Only b/c the farther up you go the less enthusiastic the crowd tends to be. And you know how I like to rock out :) We definitely got our money's worth!
Such dorks!
From EJ's phone. Not the greatest.A quote by Jim Wallis from "Hearts and Minds", sums it up much better than I could.

"In fact, what I love about a U2 concert, headlined by the Irish tenor with the sun glasses, is how it achieves such a powerful combination of art and social justice, music and message; and all with such fun. The New York Times titled its review of the opening concert in Giants stadium as “Fun With a Mission.”

And it was. (I can't remember the last time we stayed out until 1 a.m. We were SO thankful this morning when Grandma got Owen on the school bus and let us sleep in. I could not move!)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Are you reading Jim Wallis? He's one of my heros. So jealous that you went!

Leah said...

SO happy for you. also SO jealous!! You deserved it. :)

Courtney said...

what a fun night for you guys!