Several of you commented on Owen's quick processing and ideas of their bedroom changes. Well, he also figured out where everyone would sit at the dinner table and in the mini van. I thought nothing of his comments. It took a dear friend's phone call to point out how much he is like me. She used the world "practical" and I'd have to add the word "planner." Evidently he is so like me, that I didn't even notice it. It seemed perfectly normal to think of those things. After all, I have been thinking of them for months :)
I can only imagine what else I might be passing down to my sons. While those could be considered good traits, they do have their downfalls. By the looks of his homework he may not have gotten my desire for perfection. We can only hope, although I am sure it is not too late to ruin him. And let's not forget the nickname my mom and sister use for me, "Martha Stewart." I've been striving to be a "Mary" (Martha's sister in the Bible) ever since. Especially once Stewart went to jail :) Although I do confess to checking out her website on rare occasions.
We've been learning in church about our idols. Yes, we all have them and evidently a lot more of them than we even realize. I have been pondering the fact that we can pass down our idols to our children. Hmm... chew on that one for awhile. As if they won't blame us for enough of their problems. Just yesterday, Mason sat down and flipped through a Pottery Barn magazine (and not the Kid's PB). And Owen once said he made is bed extra special like a picture in a magazine. Oh, and the new bathroom. They still haven't figured out why we needed a new one. I can't say I have a compelling answer. They certainly don't care if the toilet is blue and the sinks are pink.
These should all be good clues for me. Thank you, Lord for my children who on a daily basis help me see my sins. What would I do without them? But what a treat that they don't hold them against me. Another good lesson to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment