Monday, October 5, 2009

Get it Together

Isn't it funny how we constantly strive to get it together or keep it together or at least look like we have it together? Well, I do this all the time. And lately I have not been doing any of the above. And it really bothers me. And then it bothers me that it bothers me. So on Saturday night after an endless day of projects for EJ, I needed to talk things out. I didn't say a whole lot and it wasn't a super long and great conversation. But somehow just telling him that lately I feel like I am doing nothing right in lots of areas of my life, made me feel better. We came up with some ideas to reset my priorities.
I know the point in all this is not to just get it together, because I never will. Since school has started our days and weeks look very different and I need to embrace the changes and make the most of them. If not for me, most definitely for the boys and EJ.

Today was a good start. Granted I was still in my pjs at 10 a.m. and as you can tell Mason was half dressed when I took these pictures. But things were checked off my list!

I've been wanting to do some "school time" with Mason. Today, was very basic but he loved it.
It's mostly to make me sit down and really interact with him. He is loving the extra attention.
Amazing what he can discover on his own without Owen around to tell him what to do.

3 comments:

Christy said...

so cute Ali!!!!

Michelle said...

Where's your couch?? Looks like the toys are taking over the living room. :) So glad you're having some special 1-on-1 time with Mason.

Courtney said...

those conversations with our husbands are worth SO much. i make things all crazy and HUGE in my head...and once i talk it out it's so much better!