Our group doesn't typically do gifts for birthdays, so I am humbled and a bit in shock. I have experienced a myriad of emotions since then.
Apparently, something I said on Fellowship Day really resonated in my friend, Jenn's heart. So much so that she commissioned my friend Courtney (out of town) to make this painting for me. God is so gracious to use me to minister to my friend Jenn.
That is not all! The gift was not from Courtney and Jenn alone. Jenn asked our small group to contribute to the gift, thereby blessing Courtney's family as they raise money to bring their boys home from Rwanda. That is a gift to me all on its own.
Ironically, when I first read Psalm 16:6 for that week's lesson (see Fellowship day link above), I wanted to skip over it. I wasn't sure I believed it. Because at that time, I was processing a recent "diagnosis" about my neck/back pain. A diagnosis that doesn't really change anything (and I am not sure I believe). So I was struggling to see my "pleasant places" and I was doubting my portion and my cup. But God met me there. Over and over again, He has been faithful in my weakness to shine brighter, revealing more and more of himself. Praise God!
This painting no only gives me a tangible reminder of God's faithfulness to me (to us all). But I also have a reminder that he can use me in my weakness, to write on someone's heart. And I will also think of my small group ladies who have made this an incredible year at Wellspring.
My cup runneth over! Thank you friends! It is so sweet to be known and loved.
2 comments:
oh, yay! YAY! I love it!
oh, how i loved praying for you as i painted that...every single minute of it! :-) love you!!!
Post a Comment