Monday, March 28, 2011

Picky Eater


I am in denial that I have a picky eater on my hands. I am trying to ignore it. But it is becoming more and more annoying. He has grown tired of most of the easy to eat solids. Cheerios are not cutting it for breakfast. I thought by handing him a spoon and putting them in milk I might trick him. It worked for a few bites. The spoon is really helping, can you tell?
He likes a smorgasbord. He eats a few bites of almost anything, but not enough of any 1 thing to fill his belly. He is small for his age, so I am curious what the Dr will say in 2 weeks. Perhaps he is not picky, just a light eater?
I did introduce Peanut Butter today. No ill effects yet. He did eat it. So for now, maybe I have another option.
Throwing food off the tray has started. Fun times!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Aah, welcome to my world. ;) Peanut butter is my friend. My doctor has said all along that Finley is fine as long as he's staying in the same size percentile....good luck!

the reppard crew said...

I am totally impressed that you put milk in the cereal! I have yet to do that with my monkeys--I am too scared! (and too lazy to manage the clean up!) :) W is super picky, too. All he wants are hot dogs and Nutrigrain bars. SO GROSS. :)