And not because my oldest son gave me $.33 for my 33rd birthday.
He worked on this card for 2 nights before lights out in their bedroom.
He was so excited to give it to me that he asked last night if I wanted it then or to wait until today!
Owen is not usually super affectionate. He reserves his hugs, kisses and "I love yous" for when he really means it. I know this won't win as many hearts and can often come across as rude, but I can appreciate his sincerity. If he says it, he means it. I am pretty reserved in this area too. It's astonishing how different Mason is and I don't think we have done anything differently. Owen and I both have a lot of work to do in our love languages, but this card is an awesome step for him. He really has been so excited for MY birthday. Last year, he could have cared less. I have been praying for his heart to soften towards others and we are seeing some changes. So today, on my 33rd birthday, that is the best gift this mama could ask for!I must be special if he was willing to draw girlie flowers :)

7 comments:
Happy birthday, sweet Ali!
Owen's right - a great mama you are. And I love the amount of thought that went into his card. Flowers for you, coins to represent your age, and if you look closely, that heart kiiiiinda looks like a baseball diamond. Hehe. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed this - and I wish you a great day and year ahead. Hope to see you soon! - Laura Kassner
love it! happy birthday, sweet friend. One of the great things about setting reminders for yourself on your work calendar (like I have set for today being your Bday) - is that I get to hit snooze on it until I have a moment to write you. Which means I get to think about you so many times in one day every time that reminder pops up! It has kind of been lovely to think of you so much. Hope you have a wonderful day friend! xoxo
Happy birthday dear friend! And I love that Owen's card was to "Alison". :)
Happy Birthday! I found your blog because I read Courtney's blog. (I went to high school with her) Anyway, I just wanted to say that I enjoy reading your blog. I too have three boys and my youngest (16 months) is named Ryan. I love reading about your days...they are very similar to my days...so I can relate. Thanks :)
Thanks for the sweet comments.
LOVE owen's card...and i KNOW how much it meant to your sweet heart...
Happy birthday! You are rich indeed!
Post a Comment