Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Great news!

The bed rest has totally worked. The Dr. was amazed at the ultrasound results. It also might have something to do with the fact that baby is now breech and his head is no longer causing additional pressure. We won't panic yet, he can still turn around at this point. For the time being I am just going to enjoy the relief I feel.
The Dr. is not lifting my bed rest, but said I can do a little more and she will not order another ultrasound to check cervix length! I may have one at 34 weeks to see if the baby is still breech.

I don't know what all this means for my day to day, but I am excited nonetheless. We aren't totally out of the woods yet, both Owen and Mason put me in the hospital for a day with preterm contractions. Owen at 34 weeks and Mason at 33 weeks. It would certainly be nice to avoid that. For now, we will just celebrate God's goodness and take it one day at a time.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

wow! so excited about all this news ali! so glad the bed rest is working and im so happy you got to see owen perform! i know that must have been so neat to see him up on stage! :)

Christy said...

That's AMAZING!!!!
so thankful ali!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

That is wonderful news! Praise God that He is growing your baby and blessing your body to do what it needs to be doing!

Courtney said...

ali, that is so great!!! so nice to know that all your hard work is doing something!!! (and i'm not being sarcastic! laying in bed for weeks IS hard work!!!)