This weekend I celebrated 28 weeks and the start of my 3rd trimester with a little vacation. (since we are having a record winter of the snow, I figured I'd pose outside, the snow started Friday morning and continued through 5 p.m. on Sat.)
Before the snow entered the forecast, I actually had weekend plans. So you can imagine my disappointment on Thurs night when it looked like all plans would be cancelled. I was not the only disappointed one. EJ, his dad and Owen had planned to go skiing for the weekend with my dad and brother in-law, Alex. My mom, my sister, Mason and I were going to hang out in Richmond.
My mom drove down, but when the snow started falling Friday morning and they announced the ski area would be receiving 2 feet of snow, the guys decided not to go. I will admit I was not happy. Mean and nasty might better describe my attitude, plus I had a terrible head cold.
Well, my mom kidnapped me and she and I got snowed in at my sister's incredibly quiet house!
I felt guilty leaving the men alone for the weekend (Ed has been working so hard to help us) but I am really not much help anyway and at least they had 1 less to take care of.
It's amazing what sitting on a different couch in a different house will do for the spirits of one who has been trapped for 35 days. They waited on me hand and foot. My only real contribution was clipping coupons :) We watched lots of HGTV, the movie "Whip It," played Scrabble and talked and talked.
I may as well have been on a 3 day cruise. I feel like a completely different woman.
6 comments:
oh ali! i am so happy to read this post...you look so beautiful in the pic and what a nice one for his little baby book....im so sorry your plans were changed, but i am so glad you had such a good time away! im so glad you feel refreshed! hope to see you soon when we finally shovel out from all this! :)
Ali, you look wonderful and I'm glad you had an unexpected getaway this weekend!
oh, i couldn't be happier for you! i'm SO glad your mom and sister did that! it sounds like JUST what you needed!!! love you!
I'm so glad you had such a nice weekend "away"! And you look lovely....love your sweater. AND congrats on making it to 28 weeks...yeah!!
Yay, Ali! I am so glad to hear this good news! Glad you got a little pampering! :)
My eyes are watering----SOOOOOO happy for you sweet girl!!!!! And you look absolutely gorgeous...praying for you, SO proud of you---SO SO SO glad you got a getaway---YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment