Friday, February 19, 2010

Getting Around

If you haven't been to our house lately you haven't seen our newest chair. That's right, a lovely walker! It's all the rage and everyone who visits has a lot to say about it :) This particular piece was passed down to me from my grandparents. It's not yet an antique, but it does hold sentimental value. You do need a license to operate while sitting down and I have yet to pass. The boys are constantly giving me advice about steering as I bump into cabinets, corners and walls. It's not as easy as it looks and could quite possibly be using more stomach muscles than just walking around. Don't worry, I have not been seen in it in public, well until now. I only use it in the kitchen if I am helping with breakfast or dinner. I did however, have the humbling experience of being pushed in a wheelchair through a store to buy a few things for the baby. I really wanted to pick out the items myself. I suppose it could have been just as humbling for my mom too. Now, I know why my grandmother hated to be pushed around in a wheelchair. Not to mention it can make you dizzy.

30 weeks, hooray!

5 comments:

Christy said...

yay for 30 wks!!!
oh, and my grandma has that SAME one!!!! :)
for real! :)

Michelle said...

I'm impressed.....you're very cute and dressed up for bed rest! ;)

Courtney said...

i had no idea they made you dizzy!!!

and YAY for 30 weeks! that's sounds so great!!!

Sarah said...

I know this is not what you want to hear....but you make a great model for the walker!!!!! So glad you are 30 weeks.

Elizabeth Johnson Phillips said...

It is cuter than the amazing Jazzy I see advertised on TV. Also, be forwarned about the wheelchair. I was in one for a couple of weeks after Henry was born and would often be forgotten by my Mom at check out counters and the like. But yippee to 30 weeks!