I had an amazing time at Wellspring this morning. The Lord really blessed us with His Word. I hope I can recap, mostly b/c it helps me rethink and remember what I've learned.
"This, then, is the first thing to observe: all true love to God is preceded in the heart by these two things - a sense of sin, and an assurance of pardon. Brethren, there is no love possible-real, deep, genuine, worthy of being called love of God-which does not start with the belief of my own transgression, and with the thankful reception of forgiveness in Christ. You do nothing to get pardon for yourselves; but unless you have the pardon you have no love to God." Alexander Maclaren
We read from Luke 7:36-50.
41"Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,[a] and the other fifty. 42Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he canceled the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?"
43Simon replied, "I suppose the one who had the bigger debt canceled." "You have judged correctly," Jesus said.
God is the one who has completely cancelled my debt (sins) through Christ's dying on the cross. His complete and outright forgiveness therefore, propels me to love Him. Do you identify with the debtor who owes the 500 or the 50 denarii?
No comments:
Post a Comment