Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1st Wellspring

So we made it to Wellspring this morning. Almost all of my group was there. It turned out that I was not the only one who missed the first week. 3 others were missing. For some reason I wasn't as nervous last night as I was last week. But I am glad the initial introductions are behind us. Its always awkward to lead a bible study with 8-10 women who don't necessarily know each other. The ladies all participated and the dynamics look good. One woman was very vulnerable and shared some hard stuff, I am grateful that she set the pace so early on and hope that will encourage the others to share deeply. I am looking forward to spending time with them each week. This week we studied Luke 18:9-14 and discussed the difference between the self righteous prayer of the Pharisee and the humble and repenting prayer of the tax collector. Thankfully we don't have to have it all together. The Lord is glorified in our weakness not in our accomplishments and abilities.
2 Cor 12:9-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Oh, if only I could remember this ALL the time. I don't like being or appearing weak!

No comments: