Avery has been relatively healthy since her homecoming. Gotcha was exactly 9 months today! We will certainly remember this sickness! Poor girl
Tuesday, Avery woke up early from her nap very upset. At 4 p.m. she (very quietly) threw up. As in no one even noticed until we saw it. She was standing right next to me in the kitchen. It was a busy afternoon. Mason was supposed to be at school by 6 for his 1st grade performance. Pics to come. Family was coming to watch him and celebrate his birthday. I was trying to prepare dinner for 10, plus homework and bday dessert. LOVELY timing!
In the sling my pitiful girl went.
She wouldn't let anyone but me hold her so when my arms needed a break, she rested on the floor. I could not get her to stay on a blanket or towel. The cold floor must have felt better. (no fever)
By 3p.m. I was waiting for the doors of a children's medical facility to open assuming she needed an IV. My friend Cindy rushed over to be with Ryan (he was napping) until my sister could get to our house. My mom eventually relieved my sister. EJ was out of town for the day! I was right. 2.5 hours later, I left with a slightly perkier little girl.
Today, day 3, she is still not eating anything. Thankfully she is drinking small amounts. She is feistier today and not content to lay on the floor. Hoping those are good signs. She is not asleep in this picture but making it known that nothing I offer will matter :(
Ryan is handling everything well considering we do nothing but play games on the couch. This morning we went on a walk. It was so nice to get some fresh air and do something other than hold/carry Avery.
We tried our best to make Mason's bday a good one despite the craziness. Thankfully we celebrated on Tuesday b/c he's actually bday got the shaft. His party is not for another week. phew!
2 comments:
Oh no! Praying for healing and unexpected blessings in the midst of recovery. How did she react to getting the IV?
oh my goodness. i'm so sorry. what a crazy week. praying for you...i wish i had known!
Post a Comment