She takes my breath away. That IS A GIFT. I thank God everyday for those feelings.
Avery draws a lot of attention when we are out in public. Perhaps it's simply because she is a cute, LITTLE girl. Perhaps it's the CRAZY faces she makes at people. Or her LOUD screams when she is mad or sad or just feels like screaming. But, I am also still not used to being a multicultural family. I don't naturally enjoy the attention of complete strangers, so that probably doesn't help. I DO hope that people think about adoption when they see our family, even if it's just briefly or to offer up a prayer for children without families.
I am thankful that overall the comments are kind and well-intentioned. Thankfully the attention does not seem to bother the boys or Avery (yet).
Avery will either grow to love the attention or hate it. Regardless, I know this will always be a part of her story, even if she is confident in our love and God's plan for her. Psalm 139 as always been one of my favorites. Now it holds new meaning to me. As soon as we decided to adopt from China, I started praying these verses for our daughter.
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
V 13- I love that Avery's birth mother has a place in this scripture. It reminds me to pray for her and for the day when Avery begins wondering who gave birth to her.
V13-5- Not only does Avery look very different from the rest of our family,
she was born with a congenital defect. Neither were a surprise for her
Father in Heaven.
V16- What an amazing Father we have that
would write these scriptures about EACH of us to bring us confidence in
who we are in HIS eyes. I pray that Avery will never doubt His plan and
love for her.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
This last one is for me ;)
V17-If only God's thoughts and not those around me, were my only concern.
1 comment:
So lovely!! I love that we were both blogging today at nearly the same time and both of us included parts of Psalm 139. ;)
Post a Comment