Friday, May 16, 2014

Neighborly Love

We have lived in this house for almost 9 years. We are the only young family in the cul-de-sac sac of 9 houses. Our yard usually looks like a day care provider. I should really be more of a stickler about that. The neighbors love us anyway. They all recognize how quickly time flies and love watching our children play.

Two neighbors go out of their way to be friendly and engaged in our children. A grandmother (of 2 girls) who lives directly across from us and a dad of college grads (daughters) next door to her.

Both got involved, the other day as my boys and their friend were trying to rig their own zip line. I watched from the window for quite awhile before stepping outside to take pictures.

It was pretty funny. One came over to make sure they didn't hurt themselves. She left and brought back extra rope :) The other insisted he could make it really work. Sadly, it didn't. I was somewhat relieved.


I mostly love that neither of them were surprised by my boys plans nor cared that we now have a ugly rope strung between our trees.

I was just so excited to see them use their imagination instead of their go-to sports, that I didn't say a word.

Avery slept through the whole thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have a zipline in our backyard! So come on down!!!!