Thursday, May 8, 2014

1st Minor League Baseball Game

Mason received a free ticket for a reading program at school. He has amazed us with his reading development especially in the last 4 months. We were delighted to celebrate him and his hard work and progress (recent testing showed an improvement of 4 reading levels since this fall!!!) .
Tonight we introduced Avery to an upgraded version of what she witnesses in our yard and during Mason's games ;) She handled the crowds and cheering and occasional canon blasts very well. I know she was overwhelmed and nervous. She really allowed me to comfort her, hold her and snuggle her close when she got extra nervous. She is usually too busy to do any of that on a normal day. I am thankful for the opportunity to hold her so much and I am thrilled she "knows" where to turn!

EJ just happened to be taking the picture when the crowds went crazy. She copied the fans and threw her arms up, what perfect timing! This was towards the end of the game, at the beginning she would have buried her face. Amazing how quickly she adapts!