Sunday, May 4, 2014

Shopping Date

With the basement nearly complete and some recent furniture/room swapping, a trip to Ikea seemed like a good idea. My parents graciously agreed to keep the kids all day on Saturday so that EJ and I could make the trek by ourselves!
The kids spent the night with my parents on Friday night. After seeing the kids off we headed to the movies. Can't remember the last time we did that. We saw "God's Not Dead". It was good, we enjoyed it.
Our first stop on Saturday was a local donut shop that EJ has been eager to try. Wanting him to be in good spirits for our shopping day ;) I didn't dispute. The "Samoa"- by far the best donut I have ever eaten! Amazing! And I don't usually get that excited about donuts.

 
 He was not disappointed.
 
We talked the whole 1.5hr. It was lovely. The traffic was perfect. We hit the store with my thoroughly researched list in hand. After 1.5 hrs of decision making, we took a break for lunch. Then we headed to the self-serve loading section. Hmm, kind of ridiculous.
  
At this point, I texted my sister and told her to pray that ALL this would fit. The very longest box was hers and I was nervous it would be too long for our car.
2 hrs later and one very full suv we pulled away, still smiling I might add. My husband is amazing. It says a lot about our personalities/relationship that we can enjoy 4 hrs in a store together :) I do not take that for granted. We also both recognize the blessing of having a whole day together (alone, minus a 1000 shoppers ;)
The conversation on the way home was more centered around pep talks about assembling SO much stuff. Our reunion with the kids was a sweet one. They think the empty boxes and assembling is very exciting. Both Mason and Ryan told me at least 10 times each that they loved me "to the moon and to heaven and to outer space and back again and around again, etc." It's good to get away ;)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

sounds like a PERFECT day to me!!! can't wait to see all the changes!

Michelle said...

What a great day! Glad you had a good time with your hubby and lots of good finds at the store!