Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Happy Heart

This makes my heart all kinds of happy! 
A beautiful day, lunch outside and an ever growing friendship.
While we waited for Avery to come home, SO many people asked, do you worry about the affect the adoption with have on your other kids?
Yesterday on the playground, Ryan informed me he was taking the "train" to China to get a girl. Then he came running back to say they didn't have any. Oh, how I wish that was true. So, I asked him what he'd do. He said he'd go back and try again.
Yes, I worried. That's what mom's do best. But in faith, I trusted that God knew exactly what he was doing to my other kids. Thankfully He can use faith as small as a mustard seed. "He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20
I am astounded by HIS faithfulness and thankful that they are forever changed. God redeems the good stuff and the bad stuff.
I don't think it's our job to make life "easy" for our kids. If things were always easy we would never need/seek God. God is more concerned with our hearts than our comfort. Certainly in my life, God has used the hard stuff for big changes. It's not always easy or fun, but it's always worth it.

1 comment:

Courtney Cassada said...

beautiful, ali!
and beautiful to see how He's worked in YOUR heart, too!!