Each day this week, I will post a small blurb about that day's Way. I would love any ideas or suggestions you might have for us. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.
Now that Owen is in school and has homework (every day but Fridays), Fridays have a new feeling. Well, maybe it's really an old feeling. Like, reliving my days as a student. The freedom that is felt on Friday afternoons is fantastic. We all get excited.
Friday is family and friendship. Our five words are: kindness, humility, patience, peacemakers, and encourage. Ironically, Friday is often the hardest day for "loving" each other. We are all tired. All wanting our own way. Each looking out for ourselves. The boys argue more. I tend to want to tune out. These words are a good reminder to me, to keep my focus.
Owen is usually allowed to have a friend over or go to a friend's house on Fridays. This is a great way to put into practice what we are talking about and praying about for family/friendship ways. We also try to do something fun as a family. Whether it's playing a game after dinner or going out for ice cream. It doesn't take much, for now!
1 comment:
I love these posts Ali, I am definitely going to steal these ideas and tailor them to our family. I love your heart for the Lord and for teaching his ways to your boys, they are so lucky to have you for a mom and I am lucky to have you for a friend. I am blessed by your example, and all you are learning and thankful that you are blogging about it. love you friend.
Post a Comment