a picture is worth a thousand words
and this is my current picture
- my laundry room- what a blessing, i know b/c i have lived in a house without one. Yes, its huge and I LOVE it. It totally makes up for our teeny tiny master bath and no walk-in master closet.
- it is NEVER this clean. it's where I put my stuff that I don't know what to do with b/c if i truly put it away, I will forget something needs to be done about it. I love when it's clean. It feels like a little bit of life is in order. That's probably why it's always a disaster. But I've really been trying to keep it organized b/c...
- we have been living in this room since school started. Owen does his homework at the desk (made for one, but seats 2)
- homework, it makes me dread picking up Owen from the bus stop. he wants to be done. I want him to be done. we are learning how to work together. and when he needs to work alone. and when I need to stop hovering and let it be his. He is doing great in 2nd grade. Very thankful for that.
- Mason joins Owen at the desk almost every afternoon and does his own "school" work. Lately, he has become addicted to coloring and writing. He is asking how to write certain letters, numbers and words. He loves mazes and connect-the-dots. He sits at the desk even when Owen is at school. Crazy! He is SO patient when I am busy helping Owen or off chasing after Ryan. I feel like a ping pong ball in the afternoons. Trying to help one and very often disappointing the others.
- Ryan is in the foreground. Up early from his nap and not wanting to miss what the big boys are doing. He must be in the mix. He follows everything they do (yikes). If he wasn't in his highchair having a snack, he'd be climbing on their chairs or the desk grabbing everything! BUT he has recently been sitting in my lap for small periods of time. Hmm... maybe something new is around the corner.
- And me. My mind wanders to the empty walls, lack of curtains, the disorganized food shelves the unfinished projects. it's just a laundry room, I tell myself. oh, but it has so much potential. No, the guest room is in total shambles and not finished yet. Don't think any more about it's potential ;)
1 comment:
love it! you will LOVE that you have this picture/post one day!
Post a Comment