Wednesday, October 12, 2011

5 Days, His Way - Wednesday

Each day this week, I will post a small blurb about that day's Way. I would love any ideas or suggestions you might have for us. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

My goal for Work Ethic Wednesdays are to use these five words: manners, diligence, discernment, self-control, and attitude.
 
If Tuesdays are their favorite, Wednesday is probably their least favorite. Because for "work ethic" it's clean your room day. Fun, huh?

I gave them the same check list each Wed.
I am teaching them to actually clean not just tidy up.
1. pick up toys
2. put away books
3. clean under bed
4. dust their own dresser and bedside table
5. swiffer hardwood and vacuum rug (they fight over those :)

This morning before school Owen said, today is clean our room day (in a depressed tone- not such a good attitude). Mason was still upstairs sleeping and didn't hear his comment.
Little does Owen know, a few elves cleaned his room while he was at school. Mason was home for a teacher work day and when he saw me cleaning Ryan's room he decided to do his own! Such a good opportunity for me to encourage him. And he is so excited to surprise Owen.

No comments: