Well, only if you are accustomed to house arrest and the couch is your best friend.
I drove today, the first time in 2 weeks. Weird!
I got out of the house, it was 60 degrees.
But more importantly, I got great news at my Dr. appt. It seems my bed rest has not been in vain. My body is responding beautifully, so much so that the Dr. was shocked! Thank you, Lord. She actually cancelled next weeks appt. So I'll have 1 whole week off :)
I am still on bed rest, but she is allowing me to do a tad more. I am not sure what this really means, but its much better than doing a tad less. I certainly won't be doing any shopping excursions, but a few things around the house will be so helpful for our family and more normal for the boys. Plus, I was really starting to lose stamina, laying down for so long causes a lot of aches and pains. Hopefully moving around a little more will help me to feel better physically and mentally.
Once again, just when I am at my wits end, God provides. It's humbling to cry out for help for the simplest little things, but its so awesome to see Him answer them. On Sunday, I had no idea who would help this afternoon. My dad came, no questions asked. Then, a friend called and said she had a window of time today and could she help, so I sent her to the grocery store for us. When she dropped off the groceries we still had time to chat. Today, I prayed for the valet parking at the hospital to still be open (they temporarily close if there is too many cars). I had no idea how I'd walk from the parking deck to the hospital. I was one of the last cars accepted. And my sister and her husband came over for dinner, so I had my fill of social interaction. I am sure there is so much more I am missing, but you get the picture.
It's funny we spend so much of our time trying to be independent. Trying to be in control of everything. When in fact, the lack of control and dependence is more life changing.
Oh, and baby is looking good. Still a boy!
2 comments:
So much wonderful news....I'm so glad for you!!
what a great post...i am so happy and grateful for all the ways you are seeing God work through this challenging time..i love the pics of you as a ramp...such fun! :) im so grateful for the great drs visit!
Post a Comment