Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tour

We brought the Christmas decorations up from the basement on Sunday. (Not the tree stuff b/c we don't have one yet) Owen was so excited to tear through the boxes. He really remembers everything and Mason hasn't a clue. So, he has taken it upon himself to be Mason's Christmas tour guide. It's so fun to see Christmas through the eyes of a 2 year old. Everything is new and amazing. Owen has shown him ALL the books, decorations, explained the stockings, pointed out candles, toys etc.
There is no way my children will see past the materialism of the Christmas season. For I am displaying it to them right before their eyes. I have more "decorating" plans this year than normal b/c its my first year of hosting Christmas. Normally it is at my parents house. I have decided that this is a good excuse to buy and make more stuff. EJ is not happy. He doesn't want to store more or have to bring it down and up from the basement each year. Why does this matter so much to me? Why can't I be happy with what I have? Tis the Season to be sinful, ugh! Thank you Jesus for coming to rescue me.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

:-)
and i just threw 2 trashbags of Christmas decorations away yesterday! i can't HANDLE all the stuff!

my life feels out of control so that's what i do...throw things away. :-)