Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Reveal

It's really done (well, except for cabinet pulls, which are essential b/c they are almost impossible to open right now, and we still need a mirror and we need to hang up the shower curtain). Okay, so it is almost done. But these are the only pictures you really need to see.
Every time I walk past it (the door has been missing until today) I am still caught off guard. Is this really in my house or a fancy hotel? I truly love it. I think I may kick the boys out. It's much too nice to waste on them :)
We will be open for guests as soon as I can put the guestroom back together. Remnants of tools are still lying around.

Before (as if it isn't obvious)
AfterBefore
AfterBefore
After
BeforeAfter
Before
After (the color looks off)
BeforeAfter
Ignore the rest unless you are curious of the products used. Or feel free to laugh, my husband did! Hey, we all have our interests. I'll pretend I am one of those DIY blogs where they post amazing projects and all the info just in case I have inspired someone :)
  • The floor is a 2" Charcoal hexagon (American Olean)- a modern play on the traditional white hexagon.
  • The shower tiles are a 2x3 Ice White glossy subway tile (American Olean)- very traditional (I'll let you know if they are a pain to keep clean)
  • The cabinet is by Kraftmaid (Maple wood with a burnished ginger glaze) adds a little warmth to the room

6 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks TERRIFIC! Most of all, I'm glad YOU like it so much! Great work, and I hope those last details come together smoothly! Can't wait to use it next time I visit. :)

Lissa said...

Looks awesome! Great work EJ& Ed and good eye Ali! Isn't that nice to have done and out of the way? Now all you have is your master bath and then mine ;) Let me know when i should pencil you onto my calendar!

Kate and Geoff said...

ooooooooooo i love it! Love the colors! i've very into gray right now. and i love the, what is that called...beadboard? on the lower half of the walls? geez, for all my love of HGTV, you'd think i'd know the terms.

excellent work!

Sarah said...

i love it ali! so nice! isn't it the best to walk by and look in?!?! :)

Courtney said...

i just LOVE it! the floor is my favorite - i'm obsessed with grey lately also. but i love it ALL!!!

Christy said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!

And I'm SO glad you posted the details b/c I was just debating if I should email you or ask you here about the shower tiles---LOVE them! They'd be perfect for our bathroom!!!

Great job!!!!