Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oyster Festival

Yesterday, we joined my parents in Urbanna for the 52nd Annual Oyster Festival. It's quite a sight to see. And that is all I'll say about it:) We've been several times in the past, but we are fair weather fans. And yesterday was the perfect fall day. If nothing else it was a treat to be outside with my family.

We enjoyed lunched while listening to some very twangy country.
Owen and Sir made a wooden sailboat.
Checking out the pony rides.
Waiting in line for the pony ride.
He agreed to ride (grandma's treat), but only if I walked with him.
Don't be distracted by my very rapidly growing belly (what the heck? perhaps I should have been doing sit-ups between #2 and #3)Grandma keeper of the tickets.Grandma's treat
Watching the parade and loving it!
How much better can the day get? A free ride and ice cream.
At dinner last night it was unanimous. We are so thankful for Grandma and Sir. (for the month of Nov, we are spending time at dinner each night, sharing what each of us is thankful for)
I am loving it. Being thankful takes work. Sadly, it's easier to think of what we want or need, than why we are so blessed. So to verbalize something on a daily basis is really awesome. Plus hearing what others say, helps open our eyes to see beyond our own little world. I am excited to see how Owen's thoughts change.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

you look beautiful!
and you guys have had such a fun few weeks...lots of fun family outings! lots to be thankful for!

Sarah said...

what a fun weekend! i love festivals! looks like the boys had a blast! :) hope you and m had fun today too...this weather is awesome! :)