Monday, November 16, 2009

Discoveries

The rain has ceased and the past 2 days have been gorgeous. In the background you'll notice mostly green. EJ got most of the leaves up yesterday. Now our grass can breath for a couple of days until the rest fall. Oh and there will be a lot more falling :(

My little engineer was at it again. The boy finds all kinds of uses for this rope. Today was a pulley system for his wagon. He just pulled himself back and forth between 2 trees. Then he decided to tie the wagon to his bike and pull Mason. Don't worry I was tugging on the back end just in case they needed a brake system. It actually worked. Owen could pull Mason and no one was injured!
I was hoping to capture a smile. Silly me. Neither boys pose. Our Christmas card should look fantastic!
Mason is trying to get the hang of pedaling. It's slow going but he is making a tiny bit of progress.
It was just wonderful being outside.

I include this shot b/c we've been seeing a lot of this expression lately. I think in this picture he is actually just pulling the rope, I guess its his strong man face? But it actually looks like his angry face, minus the redness his face gets when he is fired up.
I am not sure what is going on with him, but we have digressed quite a bit. It's been ugly around here. He is making our 2 year old look like a saint. Everything we say or ask is met with an argument. And in most cases normal everyday questions, like, "what did you do today?", get the silent treatment. LOVELY, when did he become a teenager? He is still only in Kindergarten, right? I know time flies, but really?
I found myself taking a ton of close up pictures of his face today. I think because I've unintentionally been avoiding looking at him too closely. Afraid of what I'll see. Probably b/c he reminds me of someone I know. Someone who is always questioning, always arguing (in my head) with the One who made me and Loves me and knows what is best for me. Ugh, how can I possibly be mad at Owen, when I am exactly the same. Only thing is I do know God's love for me. He is only just begun his discovery.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Great pictures!!
Love hearing about life with boys---miss you!
xoxoxo