Friday, November 6, 2009

I am Realizing

It is only a matter of time before Mason and I can no longer sit side by side in the rocker in his room. I'll pretend it's because he is getting so big. It has nothing to do with me :)
While this makes me sad, I am more mindful of it than I was with Owen. So, I am purposefully enjoying every second of his snuggles, songs and stories. Not to mention the elbows I get in the tummy and chest. Two very sensitive spots these days. Hopefully this baby won't come out bruised!
When we brought Mason home from the hospital I wasn't prepared for how my view of Owen, who was 3 at the time, would change. Now, I know. Mason will seem instantly bigger, older and not nearly as darling. And while I am feeding or getting/keeping the baby asleep, he will seem louder and rougher and more annoying. And do to the lack of sleep and just wanting peace, I will mostly likely miss so many sweet moments.
So, I am absorbing as many moments as I can, singing an extra song and sneaking an extra kiss, knowing that soon, very soon he will be in Kindergarten and just a little too cool.
I am thankful for this current perspective. I am really enjoying the time I have during the day with just him. It's almost like being with Owen while we awaited Mason's arrival. Mason and I are becoming buddies, just like Owen and I did. This age is difficult, but oh so fun.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad for your perspective too....and will try to enjoy Finley just as much as well!

Courtney said...

ali, that's awesome! great perspective...and reminder to enjoy the moments we have today.