Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks


At dinner time, during the month of November, we have each shared what we are thankful for. This has been an amazing exercise for all of us. Even Mason recently caught on. I guess by hearing our examples each night he has started giving one that actually makes sense. In the beginning, he would just say a random number or letter. Yesterday he said he was thankful for "daddy."
I loved how this activity gave our family something meaningful to talk about at dinner. Most nights we also said our highs and lows*. So between the 3 of us and having 3 specific thoughts to share our conversations have been awesome.
Owen hasn't been talking very much these days, but he almost always initiates our "highs and lows." I am so glad he feels the freedom to be a part of our conversations.
Now, I must think of a new topic for December!

* from a previous post- we have recently started telling each other our "highs" and "lows" of the day, at dinner. basically the best and worst part of our days.

2 comments:

Christy said...

LOVE this idea!!!! :)

Courtney said...

that's great that it gives owen something to talk about...these boys and their lack of words! i don't relate! :-)