Monday, November 2, 2009

Daily Inspiration

Every weekday around noon, while Mason and I are eating lunch, I see the same couple out for a walk. I smile every time I see them.
Here's why they inspire me:
They are an older couple, probably late 70s, getting exercise together and holding hands every day. Their tiny gestures show how their history together and how much they care for one another.
Here's why I laugh in my head:
She has fiery red hair and big black sunglasses and always carries her cell phone in her hand (despite her humongous coat pockets). Occasionally, I've seen her talking on it. When this happens they do not hold hands.
He is always carrying a travel mug of water and often hands it to her for a sip. But he always takes it back. After all, she has the cell phone.
Here's why I think, you crazy old people:
When ever I am in my car instead of at the lunch table, I realize they actually walk in the middle of the road. And then have the nerve to give me a dirty look when I slowly swerve around them.

2 comments:

Christy said...

HAAA!!!
that was awesome...
loved it!!! :)

Courtney said...

that was so cute!