Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Crazy changes

*******The yard is almost done. They have to come back Friday to finish the side of the house because they weren't able to get the plants they needed in time. I thought it would be best to include the finished photos here.********

Very manly tools were in competition this morning. While the mini jack hammer was tearing apart the concrete floor upstairs, a truck and crane were tearing out 3 trees and a giant bush from our yard. Thankfully the jack hammer was too loud and messy so Mason wasn't totally torn between watching both. He stayed outside with watch the action.

EJ and I had a slight panic attack last night as we realized just how crazy we were to have planned both these major projects so closely together. They have both be planned for a while and we never imagined them to go head to head on the same week, let alone same days.

Perhaps knocking the mess out in one day will be good in the long run, but it feels a little insane right now. Thankfully EJ decided to stay home, so I am not dealing with both at the same time.

I am too excited to wait until the landscape crew are done. I know at least mom is waiting for some pics so here they are. I will have more this afternoon when they finish the job. I can't believe how different it already looks. It's like I am seeing our house for the first time. We've been in our house 4 years already and haven't really done much at all. I really can't believe it's happening.
Before
During
Finished
BeforeDuring
Finished
Before
DuringFinished
I thought I should include this close up to reveal the trailer with sinks cabinet, tiles, etc.
Just so you don't think we are too classy ;) Plus I am sure the sports paraphernalia will be scattered soon.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

wow! is your head spinning?? or pounding?? :-)

Sarah said...

it looks great! i can't believe how quickly they did it!!! how cool to have a totally new look! and i cant wait to see the bathroom...exciting times over there for sure!!! :)