Monday, September 7, 2009

Full of Emotions

This is it. The night before the 1st day of school. I know this is ridiculous and I would never admit it to Owen, but I am so nervous. My stomach is in knots. He is SO excited and NOT nervous at all. So why am I? It's as if I have to give a speech tomorrow on national T.V.

He is so ready that all day he kept saying, "this is my last...(morning snack, nap time, etc) before school." I am so thrilled that he is so excited. I just can't believe it's happening. Tonight while giving them a bath I started getting choked up just thinking about how big he is and how quickly the time has flown. He could tell I was a little sad so he said, "don't worry mom you'll see me on the weekends." I said "how about 2:30 tomorrow".

Good grief, how will I ever make it through tomorrow?

On a happier note.
Chick-fil a ROCKS. They offered free sandwiches today if you wore your team's logo.
Then we had to have an end of the summer ice cream cone at home.

Early to bed tonight. We actually have to set an alarm. The bus comes at 7:33. Don't worry we are following him to school to get more pictures. After all, we missed the open house so he hasn't even met his teacher.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh ali!!!!! i know tom will be so bittersweet!!! i feel the same way and she is only going to prek! glad he is so excited! cant wait to see pics! :)

Michelle said...

I love that Owen wanted to reassure you when he saw you feeling a little sad. I hope you BOTH have a great first day!

Kate and Geoff said...

i love that he said you'd see him on the weekends! thats amazing. he's amazing.