We had a great time at the state fair today. Owen is the perfect age. He still gets excited for the kid rides and he can ride them all by himself. I can't really take going in circles anymore. The Merry-Go Round is about all I am good for. Why does this happen? My mom always said it happens after having children. I always hoped it wouldn't happen to me. I don't even like to swing on a normal swing anymore. SAD!
Mason did okay on his first ride. Unfortunately they had some canon demonstrations off in the distance that totally freaked him out.
Ride #1 before the canon

Ride #2, Mason not on that one

Ride #3, We convinced him to get on one more with Owen. Too bad I didn't watch what the ride did. It whipped around the curves. The poor thing started crying. Fortunately they were the only two on the ride so the guy stopped it. Oops! That was the end for Mason.

The Pig Races (a family favorite)

Cheering for the pigs!

My Uncle Jack and his wife Pam met us in the Agriculture Section.
They are farmers/gardeners and had a blast showing the animals and farm equipment to the boys.

The tractors (for sale) were more Mason's speed.




We stayed much longer than I expected. No naps and they were a handful tonight. But it was totally worth it. Owen wishes we had a "circus" in our own backyard. All day he kept calling the fair a circus. Next year EJ is definitely coming. He missed out! Oh and we might need someone for the real rides b/c I think Owen will be ready.
3 comments:
Glad you had fun! We'll be at the fair on Saturday! Caleb loves all those kinds of rides too. And I know what you mean about going in circles....I used to love those kind of rides and now, not so much.
looks like so much fun at the fair! we always have a good time at the one in maine each summer...i havent been to ours since i was in middle school...think we will take them next yr!
awesome pictures!!!!
how fun! I love picturing Kallen one day on a tractor---those boys of yours are SOOO cute!!
Post a Comment