Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Following Yonder Star

Tonight after dinner we had a special scavenger hunt. I got the idea from an advent book for children. Basically you cut out paper stars and write clues on each one and hide them. Then the kids are suppose to follow the stars like the wise man did. At the end they find the best gift of all - "baby Jesus" or in our case the Little People Nativity set.

Do you like his "wise man" costume?

This is how he looked a majority of the time. Utterly confused!
Spiderman/Superman was a wise man, right?
You thought Owen looked confused, Mason was the "drummer boy."
In the end, he did find the set. Not quite the hallmark moment I was going for. Oh, well maybe next year.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

that's so fun! i bet he'll talk about it for days! :-)

Catherine said...

I love this! I'd love to try it out next year! The boys look cute in their "costumes"!