Oh, my goodness. My poor son. His mother is such a terrible teacher.
Owen got some alphabet flash cards in his stocking and we have been playing with them off and on today. I don't want him getting frustrated, but good grief he really doesn't know many letters. I don't know any memory tricks for letters. Are there some? Or does he just need to memorize them? It's so hard helping him when I can't imagine not knowing this stuff. Oh, its going to be a long road ahead, what happens when I actually don't remember/know the stuff. Yikes!
No homeschooling in my future for sure!
1 comment:
hi ali! I just clicked over from courtney's page :)
do you guys ever watch Super Why? on PBS? A friend turned us to that and Jackson loves it. He learned a lot of reading stuff from that show, and it works on letters in a fun way. How's that---turn on the TV---that'll do it:) but i hadn't thought much of it til a friend mentioned it (we already had enough shows he liked! i swapped some out for that)
Post a Comment