Monday, December 15, 2008

Come let us adore Him

A scene from the production Owen and I saw on Saturday struck my heart and has continued to pop in my mind. Our church sermon on Sunday has continued my thinking.

Many of you probably have a nativity scene at home. Ours is much less glamorous than most, its plastic and made by Fisher Price. There are no real specifics in the Bible on the number of people that visited the baby Jesus. For some reason, sets usually contain 3 wise men, 1 or 2 Shepards, Joseph, Mary, Jesus and an angel. Now, I realize a nativity scene can only be but so big, but this small almost dull and boring scene has been forever etched in my mind. I never really put much thought into it.

Suppose the scene was much larger. Suppose 300 or more people came and brought with them their most precious gifts. Suppose they couldn't help but sing, play music and worship him. Well, this was the scene in Saturday's production that has been stuck in my mind. It was truly fantastic. Now, I am not claiming this to be scriptural, I am just saying that it has helped energize my heart for the kind of adoration Jesus deserves as our Savior.

The song, "Come let us adore Him" now brings an entirely different image to my mind. Not one of a calm, quiet and statuesque moment, but one full of energy, excitement and praise for the Lord. I pray that the Lord moves in each of your hearts this Christmas to truly "Adore" Him.