Sunday, October 5, 2008

Low key

We have had a restful low key weekend. I forgot my camera at our one and only outing, a neighborhood party. This was the first time going. There is one in the spring and one in the fall. We actually had a good time. I say actually, because we don't really know our neighbors, so I was very nervous. Fortunately our next door neighbors and the one other family I know showed up. There were plenty of kids and a Moonwalk to entertain Owen. Mason attracted a bunch of Middle school babysitters. Hooray! The long hair and blue eyes always rope them in. Plus I was handed a gorgeous rose from the yard of "grandfatherly" man. In fact, he said he'd like Mason for a grandson. His currently live in Israel and Germany. Sad!

Today we went to church, watched the Eagles sadly lose and did a little yard work. As I write, a new recipe is baking in the oven. I don't think the kids are going to be excited for Spinach and mushroom quiche. I am not sure I am excited either. But EJ loves spinach and the boys love quiche so I am hoping they will like the combo. If not we'll go back to our favorite, zucchini quiche.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

i have a new recipe in the oven too!!! we'll see how it turns out!

Leah said...

It's nice to hear about your low key weekend. We were in your neighborhood yesterday and almost stopped by, but didn't want to interupt family time. I wish we had now, so I could have gotten the scoop on the quiche!