On June 27th, we celebrated the life of an amazing woman, Mildred Ellen F. aka Mimi, EJ's maternal grandmother. She was born Oct 2, 1920 and died May 17, 2014. She lived a long, full adventurous life. This picture was taken near her 90th birthday in 2010. I am thankful for the 14 years I had getting to know her. She encouraged everyone to live life to the fullest, not be afraid to take chances and try anything and everything. She was a world traveler with an appetite for learning new cultures. She was an avid reader and always had a tale to share. We will miss her!
A huge 90th birthday party was held in her honor 4 yrs ago. I am so glad we had the opportunity to celebrate her life in her presence. She loved being the center of attention and it seemed fitting that over 100 guests attended. While I know she would have liked a larger memorial service too, it was smaller and much more intimate. Just what her immediate family needed.
Ryan with EJ's dad
The children (6 in attendance) released balloons as a way to participate in the celebration.
Then we all went to a restaurant for lunch.
Mim sat between Owen and Mason at another table.
Without my knowledge, Mason requested steamed clams. The waiter and Mim's guests thought this was hilarious. Not on the menu- special request. Oyi! He enjoyed every. single. one. Except for the one's Ryan stole. He kept the table very entertained as he ate them.
I have no idea what we were talking about but this is EJ's sister's boyfriend, Ralph.
On a less serious note, the boy's brought plenty of smiles to Mim's face. Hooray!
Our visit (one night) was much too short. We came in like a hurricane and left like one too.
No comments:
Post a Comment