Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Gotcha Day, 1 Year Ago

"They say" you"ll forget the pains of labor and delivery. I am not sure who "they" are, but I did not find this to be the case. I vividly remember my boys' births. I suppose those "pains" eventually can't hold a candle to the love that develops and that is why the memories of pain "fade". This has been true with Avery, too. As the year has gone by my stomach feels a little less "sick" thinking about our time in China. 
Today, marks the day that Avery has been with us for 1 full year. I can't bring myself to say "Happy Gotcha Day" because "happy" isn't the first word that comes to mind. The memories are getting sweeter, but this day holds far to many emotions to sum up with happy. 

Never before have I been so terrified and excited, ready yet nervous, happy and sad. 



Sure looks good on her. 

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I love reading this although it is making me cry! What an amazing year in Avery's life! I get really excited seeing these pictures and thinking about our future. Our home study is approved, and we are about 8 weeks away from having our dossier completed!

Lissa said...

At the beach Mom and I were talking about how it feels like she has always been a part of our family. Hard to remember pre-Avery times...we couldn't be more glad she is here, screeches and all :)

Jill said...

Tears! Oh, how His goodness takes my breath away when I stop to notice what He has done. Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and you are a beautiful mother of four. (on the inside and outside!!)

Courtney Cassada said...

she is a different child in such a short time! what a testimony to your love...and His love. thank you for walking this road so beautifully. it encourages MY heart!