Monday, July 28, 2014

Fun with Friends

Last week, I threw a small dessert party for my friend Michelle. It's been years since I've celebrated her birthday with her in person and now that she is nearby :-) I jumped at the chance. I loved catching up with 5 LOVELY ladies, a rare treat for me these days!
 
I made this delicious ice cream cake. YUM!
 
The next day, the Cassadas came for a quick visit!! Courtney, Michelle and I spent hours catching up after the kids went to bed. Courtney pointed out that we've known each other for half our lifetime. Wow! I love sharing life with these girls, did my heart GOOD!
 
The next morning we took all the kids (12) to the park and tried to talk some more ;)


 Bailey was awesome with Avery and gave me a much needed break from the constant hand holding!

There was some definite sadness when we had to say goodbye. And once again it was stated that the Cassada family needs to move here ;) Thank goodness for our annual OBX trip coming up soon!

2 comments:

Courtney Cassada said...

you got some GREAT pictures!! and i keep meaning to text you that bailey STILL says MULTIPLE times a day, 'i miss avery!" :-)

Michelle said...

I loved my dessert party....special time catching up with friends and a delicious ice cream cake! Thank you friend!!