Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Little Ones

Their friendship is beginning to blossom. Their relationship has been the trickiest part of bringing Avery home. Avery did not like Ryan very much and I can only assume it was b/c she viewed him as competition with her momma time and because his love is very smothering and she wanted to do her own thing. She warmed up to Mason much faster.
Ryan has struggled b/c suddenly he wasn't the baby anymore. I was carrying someone else around and not at his beckon call.
They are only 16 months apart in age and the competition at times has been fierce. The gap is bigger as of now b/c of Avery's institutional delays, but she is doing her darnedest to catch up and keep up with him. He can be very helpful and sweet with her, but he can also be too rough and quick to get frustrated with her.
I don't know if it's timing or the fact that the older two are in school, but I am seeing a change in her tolerance of him. Things that bothered her before are no longer and she is now letting him hold her hand and hug her without resistance. Ryan is THRILLED and has noticed the change.
I am SO thankful for this as we will be spending LOTS of time together ;)
I must confess my days are a whole lot easier with the older 2 in school. I feel a little guilty about that, but I am grateful for the time and attention I can now offer Ryan and Avery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

such fun news on r and a!! Glad HE could notice even:) I know there will be ups and downs, so I'm glad you're treasuring and thankful for these glimpses of growth and ups!!
love ya!